Thursday, August 11, 2011

Vinyl Adventures #2

Here comes the second installment of Vinyl Adventures already as the record arrived today.



I came across The Marvellos "Why Do You Want To Hurt The One That Loves You" on a blog that I frequent that suggests soul records that are not so often played at events these days and are ripe for revival. I was immediately taken with the reasonably sparse arrangement which then crashes into a monstrous "let's throw the kitchen sink at it" chorus.

I searched around for it in vain for some time until I discovered that it was a B-side, the A-side being "You're Such A Sweet Thing" which you can listen to at Derek's Daily 45 blog right here. Armed with this information I tracked down a couple of copies but the price was a little rich for me. Finally I tracked down a copy in the US which was priced more to my liking and it arrived this morning.

Ladies and gents I give you The Marvellos and "Why Do You Want To Hurt The One That Loves You"...enjoy!

2 comments:

Delmonti said...

I'm having an education here! ....and its strangely enjoyable

Russ said...

Did you try the A-side over at Derek's Daily 45 yet ?