Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Catchup Time

Phew...well it's been a very busy couple of months. I finally have my feet back on the ground until at least the beginning of June when it all starts again.

Work has recently taken me to Ireland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, the Netherlands, Turkey, Scotland...oh and Torquay. In that time I've visited the world's oldest pub in Athlone, sat in a Norwegian bar that felt like a small corner of Liverpool to watch a Champions league game, had my mobile stolen, been in the back of a Turkish cab in which the driver made me close my eyes twice on a deserted road at 6am (maniacs!), taken a train across the Forth and Tay bridges an a beautiful sunny day, visited the Paisley beer festival (they had a whole room of Scottish ales, how happy was I !) and missed two gigs I should have gone to (Amsterdam and Dinosaur Jr if you must know).

Some things of interest you may wish to see and hear:

Mark McCarthy guests in the new Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MajmI5j7Bs

Rachel Mayfield
http://www.rachelmayfield.com/default.html
Check out the song "Transports Of Delight" at that site, it's a beauty

Damien Dempsey has a new album out next month
http://www.damiendempsey.com/s-Home

For those of you that sent message of sympathy on hearing about the relegation of Birmingham City Football Club back into the Fizzy Pop League I thank you. You'll be pleased to hear I am now over it (although the humiliation of 20th April may take a little longer to erase from the memory).

1 comment:

Fat Habit said...

I had no idea that your were JM on the 512 board, funny!!

Anyway would be good to hear some listening recommendations, bought jawbox on your recommendation that it sounded like Vent.