Good things that have happened this month:
- Those nearest and dearest to me all seem hale and hearty
- I've applied for a new job which has at least given me something to look forward to when the postman shows up each day (nothing yet, I'll keep you posted)
- I've been reading "Ginger Geezer - The Life Of Vivian Stanshall" (thanks Nick) which is a ripping yarn indeed
Bad things that have happened this month:
- Work. Generally. Nothing specific. Just getting out of bed feels like a waste of time Monday to Friday right now (this appears to be the major reason for my current funk).
- Discovered DD can't do the next tour (hell, I don't even know if I can yet)
- Did I mention work ?
I was listening to the Icicle Works recently and came across the lyric "Leave your dreams where they are, They last a while that way" which seemed very appropriate at the time.
I think I may have reached the end of another of those 7-8 year cycles where I just need to do something different. I certainly need to get away from my current "manager", the kind of person I have striven my whole life never to become or to be anywhere near.
Sorry for the overall depressing tone but as I said earlier, sometimes I just need a place to Vent.