Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Oh The Man Doin' The Boogie (Boogie)...

Never been much of a fan of Malcolm McLaren. Always struck me that he was taking a lot of credit for stuff that would have happened without him anyway.

I keep a copy of the excellent "Please Kill Me: The Uncensored Oral History of Punk" by Legs McNeil and Gillian McCain in my bathroom. It's the perfect book for such occasions as it is split into very short "vox pop" type sections.

This morning, while perusing said volume, I came across a short section credited to Malcolm McLaren. It really struck a chord with me, made me think how we need something similar right now.

I'll reproduce it here later when I get home. And then hope the IPR police don't descend on me like a ton of bricks. As they say, watch this space...

No comments: