Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A Million Dollar Fear...

Age, it's all the rage.

I remember a saying something along the lines of "you know you're getting old when Policemen start to look young". I know what that means but with me it when Professors start to look young.

Take, for instance, Professor Brian Cox, he is a particle physicist, a Royal Society research fellow, a professor at the University of Manchester and he works on the Large Hadron Collider (that big thing under the ground in Switzerland that was gonna create a black hole that would swallow the planet when it was switched on but just broke down after a few hours). He also makes very interesting TV documentaries about the Wonders of the Solar System. Hell's teeth he even found time to appear on a number 1 single (D:Reams "Things Can Only Get Better").

But have a look at some pictures of him. He barely looks old enough to be out on his own on a Friday night let alone have done all that stuff...or is it just me ???

It's a funny thing age. Another saying springs to mind, "the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak". Up here in my head it feels the same as it did when I was a teenager but when I try and do the things I did then the flesh does indeed creak and whine and begs me to stop.

Not sure why any of that matters just needed to get it off my chest !

In other news...

The Universal released their debut album this week which I am digging in a big way
The Chords (original lineup) are reforming which I am uncommonly excited about

And errr...that's all really x

No comments: